Sunday, January 23, 2011

Allergies + Cold = Minimal Running

Despite a great first week of 2011, allergies hit me, and I think a good ole cold as well. In the first week, I ran those 3 miles already mentioned, did an awesome 4 milers, a slow run/walk 3 miler, and some elliptical and biking at the gym.

This week I finally was able to get sufficient sleep to feel semi-okay, and went out for an evening jog on Thursday. I ended up doing 3 miles at a 9:47 pace which was exciting for me. Yesterday, I went for a short little over 2 miles at a leisurely pace. Then I came home, showered, and fell asleep. :-(

Having no energy is tough... I have a half marathon in one week. Oh boy. I'm not expecting to PR; I just want to make it through.

My friend and I are supposed to have the final personal training today. I did 4 of the 9 sessions with her... it was a nice kick in the butt to do more strength training. I also need to do more stretching.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone; I'm off to make more tea!

Total Miles: 15/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment