Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting back into the Swing of Things

It's been awhile. T has been sick... like fever and not eating sick, much less evening thinking about running. I was sick, then I had to go home for a family emergency, so I haven't run since last Tuesday. Our friend, A, who is training as well for the marathon got the flu really bad so he's been out for about a week as well.

So this week we are all starting over... I'm really anxious to start working out again. I was home since Wednesday night, and only brought the bare minimum, so no workout clothes. My mom and I did take a couple of 30 minutes walks, but that was it.

Working out really does destress me, and I need some of that right about now. I'm on my layover, and luckily I didn't plan any work for the rest of the day, so I can take me time, get organized, cook a healthy dinner (and have leftovers for tomorrow), and get some sleep. I was up at 3:30 (Cali time) this morning, so I'm going to crash early.

This month, in addition to watching my workouts, I'm watching my spending. In terms of training, this means trying to make a lot of meals at home, packing healthy leftovers, and buying more fruits and veggies.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment