Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Training Update

Sorry for the delay! Life has gotten away from me a bit, but I'm back.

Last Thursday was XT. I honestly can't for the life of me remember what I did. But I know I did something!

Friday, I finished up at work and went to meet T. We were both exhausted and seriously consisted just resting before a 10pm movie for my other roomie's birthday. We were supposed to do a 40-50 minute run. But we got our butts moving, and went and had a great workout. We did speed intervals on the treadmill. I went between jogging at 5 and running anywhere from 7-8.5 mph. Ran 40 then did a 5 minute cool down walk. I didn't go extrememly far, but I did push myself on the sprints. It felt great! After that was a quick dip in the pool for about 10 minutes of laps, then to the sauna and hottub. :-D

Saturday was a rest day, combined with me working for 8.5 hours, and a birthday party at night. We are also trying hard to eat better as well, and doing a fair job at it.

Sunday was supposed to be a 5K race, then 5-7 miles total. I did the 5K hard... probably my best in 3 years. It wasn't super fast... 26:32, about a 8:30 pace, but I'm happy with it! After that, we walked for a few then stretched. Later that evening we went back and played raquetball for an hour.

Monday, T went to the gym in the morning and ran the additional 2 miles. After work, I met him there, and I biked for 45 minutes. T is sick. He was so sweet to just come to the gym, bike for a few, then sit on the ground and talk to me, and not let me stop at 30 minutes even though he was feeling awful.

I'm pretty sure today is 40-50 minutes on the treadmill. Hopefully, I'll get that done. I'm working late tonight, but I'll head to the gym right after. I hope T is feeling better. I might swim a little as well. Or if he's feeling much better, play raquetball!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment