Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Keeping on Pace

I went to the fancy new gym last night... sadly it's kinda far and up the toll road. It was nice though. Every treadmill had the attached TV; so I watched the Biggest Loser as I ran (and some Scrubs). I did a random hills course, kept it at a slow 5mph pace, and ran for 40 then walked 5 for cool down. (The goal was 40-50 minute of running.) Then I jumped in the pool for about 20 minutes - about 10 minutes of breastroke, and about 10 minutes of floating on my back just kicking. My ankle felt fine which was really exciting!

My legs have been sore so I didn't want to push it to much last night. Slow and steady wins the race, right? Today is just a 20-30 minute run. The plan is to take the dog out after work and do a slow 5 minute warm up, run hard for 20, then a slow 5 minute cool down. :-) Maybe I'll get motivated and do some abs at home too!

Happy Hump Day to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment